Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy One Year, Costa Rica

Today marks a year that I hopped on a plane towards a new land and adventure that turned out to be an experience I will hold near to my heart forever. With excitement and nerves running through my whole body months before the trip, I told myself everyday that this was going to be one of the best unknowns to jump into. So it was with Kansas City in my heart and my newly purchased chacos that I embarked on this journey, and it was only through God's grace that I learned to thrive in this foreign land. My heart aches every time I feel like the memories have started to fade, so I spend some days looking through pictures to catch a glimpse of how my heart came alive that one fall semester in the country of Costa Rica. To read more of my reflection a year later, click here.

me and my thoughts in Dallas waiting to head to Miami

nothing but beauty in this land

we became best friends that day

deep talks at bus stations

wakey wakey, early morning canoe ride

best friends

just a typical day with my girls

Happy Birthday to Costa Rica!
pineapple fields

photoshoot in pineapple fields

Iguana Reserve

a day at the park

umbrellas and parrots

SeƱor Farmer's house

a stroll through Nicaraguan fields

the cutest host sister

up to no good

witnessing new life

Angie & friend

our friendship rocks

bamboo ceiling

the beauty of Corcovado

my sickly adventure of the day

findings at the beach

a triple dog dare

my humble abode, Guanacaste

golden hour

enchanted fields of green

an afternoon hike

my wonderful host brother

top of the hill

exploring rock formations

Guanacaste tree

Guanacaste at sunset

Campo home

wandering

coconut head

being swallowed up by the sky

front row in a parade

Peter exploring

La Arribada

witnessing nature's beauty

hello moon

fresh at the market

Che hats

rustic balconies

downtown Havana

Cuban school children

friendship

LASP Fall 2011, you all rock

No comments:

Post a Comment