Monday, October 22, 2012

LASP Reunion Weekend

I love the feeling you get when you haven't seen someone in months and when you reunite again it's as if life in between never happened. Spending a weekend with these lovely ladies ended up being such a perfect weekend. We spent hours talking and laughing about our memories abroad while drinking our  tropical juices out of a can picked up from a local hispanic store, pretending it was freshly squeezed that morning. We caught up on life over a huge bag of carnival kettle corn and got lost in the city only to stumble into a Mexican neighborhood where we practiced our Spanish with a nice neighbor. We were in a different context and coming from different places, but not one bit of the weekend felt out of place. I felt so blessed to have these beautiful ladies join me on an adventure through the city I love, yet talk endlessly about the city that made us come alive. I couldn't thank them more for making the drive to come see me. And I must say, crossing streets in the city has become an easy task for us graduated LASPers. Here's to beautiful friendship and moments I will cherish forever...































No comments:

Post a Comment