Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birthday Surprises

A weekend at the Copan household in West Palm Beach, FL was a great mini break from my summer internship here in New England. Though the rain followed us all along our travels down the east coast, I couldn't have imagined a better rainy weekend in a household full of eleven people with big hearts and an even bigger sense of humor. Being with the Copans is always a delight, and there is never a dull moment in between the story telling and their Friday night acoustic jam sessions. I consider myself so blessed to be someone so dearly loved by a family that radiates the love of Christ. Just when I thought the weekend couldn't get any better with the love I felt from them, I walked into the kitchen Saturday afternoon after a wedding rehearsal to a big birthday surprise with presents and hug attacks. Completely shocked and a bit shy at first, I buried my head into my hands and thought to myself, "sometimes you just need to let people love the crap out of you and show you how special you are." So I did just that. I put on the birthday girl tiara, I sat in the special seat at the dining room table, and I opened gift after gift with the Copan clan all around me. I laughed and felt so grateful for their kind gesture, and as we started to unwind, Poppa Copan spoke some words of scripture over me as an acknowledgement of what a blessing it is to have yet another year in life. What a packed weekend. One filled with overwhelming love from a family, a newlywed couple, and the people that extended a warm welcome during my stay.


someone needed to be reminded how to tie a tie before the wedding...


No comments:

Post a Comment