Saturday, June 30, 2012

The BIG 21

I'm all for low-key birthdays, so the title of this blog has nothing to do with a wild raving 21st with 21 shots, or something crazy like that. I just think in general turning 21 is a big one. It solidifies your adulthood, your responsibility in this society, and the things you are now held accountable to. You're still in your cutesy 20's, but the realities of life become more apparent. I spent my day reflecting a lot on my childhood, asking my family members to think back on what I was like as a toddler and the stages of life I have experienced since then. My day was spent in good conversation on this topic with the people I love, near and far (virtually). So, though my 21st wasn't anything outrageous, I decided yesterday morning when I woke up to photo document my very laid back day. After all, you only turn the BIG 21 once, and it was the day I decided that life does actually go by fast and it's certainly not just another saying. So live it wisely. Enjoy the day's events below...









6:45 AM- wake up call


7:00 AM- morning 2.5 mile power walk with Aunt Rose



10:30 AM- flower delivery from the boy

12:30 PM- patty melt for lunch at Harriet's Kitchen with family

3:30 PM- Awful Awful shake at Newport Creamery

6:00 PM- Surprise skype call from home, a fruit pie to all share around the table


7:00 PM- complimentary first cocktail and chicken wing at Providence Coal Fired Pizza


7:30 PM- Biana pizza and some Narraganset lager with my cousin and the boy

8:00 PM- A walk around Providence only to stumble upon a free concert


No comments:

Post a Comment