Monday, July 23, 2012

Mornings at Grandma's

This summer it was very special for me to get in touch with the one experience that most people frequently had during their childhood, spending time at grandma's. Besides my early years, my visits to grandma's only happened about once a year, and it always stung to part ways after only a week of being reunited with family. Most holidays have been spent celebrating over a quick phone call and relying on snail mail to send christmas gifts. However, this summer I got to experience those childhood moments, at the age of 21. Many mornings were spent at grandma's watching the Ecuadorian morning news, running errands to the grocery store, walking around the track, and hearing grandpa tell stories of his childhood in Ecuador. I quickly picked up on their daily routine that was never a minute off...I'm serious. I was hanging out with grandma one morning when I decided to pick up my camera and capture a day in the life of my grandparents. I wanted to have a visual reminder of a home that hasn't changed one bit in over thirty years, though the people inside of it have. Now they spend their days living out a routine that brings them comfort and joy of many life's events they have experienced on 46 Fisk Street. Here's to you grandma & grandpa, I loved every minute of being in your home this summer...
























No comments:

Post a Comment